Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Athlete Bio - Dave Kina

Every day, more and more triathletes, cyclists and marathon runners are discovering how effective Push Recovery is to their endurance training. From increasing energy, focus and performance during exercise to drastically reducing muscle recovery time after exercise,  there’s no other supplement on the market today quite like Push. So who are these athletes? Let’s introduce one of them right here:

Name? 
Dave Kina
Facebook Team Page HERE 

Age?
27

Number of years competing? 
12

Athletic Goals? 
Excel at endurance sports.  Remember my successes and use my training to help fuel other accomplishments in life.  Achieve personal records on courses that I have completed before or will race again.  Keep racing with teams.  For now I really like the University at Buffalo Triathlon team, and the University at Buffalo Cycling team. I want to be a teammate that: leads by example, is dependable, and brings quality training enhancement knowledge from experience. 

Notable events completed? 
I won my first NYS mountain bike series race at Tamarack, Colden NY in 1999.
Several category 4/5 training race series overall points victories in Western New York.
Iron Cross: longest cyclocross race in North America 62.5 miles with a better than midpack finish.
Upper 75 percentile finishes at a few stacked 75 racer USCF stage races (Syracuse, Owasco NY).
3 top 5 finishes in USCF regional races over the years.  And one top 10 finish.
Olympic distance Triathlons: Harryman Triathlon NY, Keuka Triathlon NY

Any future events coming up?
Mighty Man in Montauk NY, North East Collegiate Triathlon Conference championship race.

What’s your strength — run, bike or swim? 
BIKE! 

Why triathlon over other sports? 
Triathletes tend to develop more balanced and well developed bodies than other endurance sports athletes in only cycling or only running.  I also cross country ski to develop more muscles. 

Best competition experience? 
Keuka Lake Olympic distance triathlon.  My run splits were better, and I kept pace with faster athletes.

Worst competition experience? 
I bonked in a NYS Empire State Games Western qualifier race.  The high temperature for the day was about 87 to 90 degrees.  I was dehydrated and low on energy.  They had some bananas at the finish line that were very brown on the peels.  I don’t like over ripe bananas but I ate about 3 of them regardless.

If you’re not training or competing, we’ll find you doing what?
You will find me studying and interning for my social work degree.

Best piece of training advice you’ve received?
“If you want to go fast you got to go fast” – high school cross country running captain.  In other words if you want your race pace to increase you have to do race specific training at that intensity or above for desired race pace.

How do you incorporate Push Recovery into your training?
I use Push so I do not bonk like I did in that miserable race experience at NYS Empire Qualifiers.  I find that I recover very well when I use Push for workouts and after workouts. 

How has your Push Recovery affected or improved your training?
I used Push to gain 21 hours of endurance specific training in a week to boost my base miles for next season.  I’m still in the process of endurance training of base miles.  Since I took my rest period in July, I’m ready to start for next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment