Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Athlete Bio - Rob English

Every day, more and more triathletes, cyclists and marathon runners are discovering how effective Push Recovery is to their endurance training. From increasing energy, focus and performance during exercise to drastically reducing muscle recovery time after exercise, there’s no other supplement on the market today quite like Push. So who are these athletes? Let’s introduce one of them right here:

Name? Rob English

Age? 34

Number of years competing? 19

Athletic goals? More wins! I came close in the 2010 Oregon road champs (3rd), would like to improve on that, and to defend my state TT title.



Notable events completed? Recently mostly local Oregon racing, with the exception of the British National Hillclimb championships (11th). Lots of racing all over in the past – the TransAlp, Giro de Dolomiti, Duo Normand, Karapoti Classic to name a few. Mountain bike, road, track and TT.

Any future events coming up? I’m about to start training for next season; racing likely to start in March.

Why cycling over other sports? As a kid I didn’t have great co-ordination, so didn’t do very well with ball sports. The bicycle gave me freedom and when I tried mountain biking I was hooked. Then once I started racing I discovered I was reasonably fast! I did many sports until I went to college, then I decided I could either be mediocre at lots of things or try to be good at one. I do run during the off season – I did my first half marathon last year. I have had in the back of my mind the idea to try an ironman at some point…..


Best competition experience? Racing a solo 24hr mountain bike race and experiencing the euphoria of riding into the dawn.

Worst competition experience? Racing a solo 24hr mountain bike race and being in tears at 1am…..

If you’re not training or competing, we’ll find you doing what? Building bikes! I am a custom frame builder; it is very satisfying to compete on bikes I have built myself.

Best piece of training advice you’ve received? Eat a vegan diet and eat fat – previously I was a vegetarian trying to eat low fat; now I am healthier and don’t have to worry about trying to get down to racing weight – my weight stays low without monitoring.


Do you have any personal blogs or websites we can follow you on? www.englishcycles.com

How do you incorporate Push Recovery into your training? I drink a serving in the morning on rest days for maintenance, then use it immediately after each training session.


How has your Push Recovery affected or improved your training? It has improved my recovery, meaning that I need less rest time in between hard sessions. I have tried lots of recovery supplements, and Push is one of the easiest to digest, with no stomach problems even when using it prior to hard training.

No comments:

Post a Comment