Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Athlete Bio - Ryan Falkenrath

Every day, more and more triathletes, cyclists and marathon runners are discovering how effective Push Recovery is to their endurance training. From increasing energy, focus and performance during exercise to drastically reducing muscle recovery time after exercise, there’s no other supplement on the market today quite like Push. So who are these athletes? Let’s introduce one of them right here:

Name?
Ryan Falkenrath


 
Age?
34

Number of years competing?
8

Athletic goals?
Complete a full Ironman Distance event.  Doesn't have to be a branded Ironman event.

Notable events completed? 
Dublin Marathon
Kansas Ironman 70.3 x2
Boulder Ironman 70.3
Kansas City North Face Marathon
Kansas City Marathon

Any future events coming up? 
Kansas City Marathon for 2011 is last on 2011 schedule.

Best competition experience? 
Ironman Kansas 70.3 in 2011 was my best experience.  I love the challenge of the long distance.  It happened to be my best HIM time, but I felt good in all legs of the event and when I finished, it was fun!  I wasn't light headed, I didn't cramp, I raced smart and within myself.  Perfect storm of all aspects coming together.

Worst competition experience? 
IM Boulder 70.3 in 2011.  Following a good feeling from IM KS, I raced Boulder and it was a different race.  My swim and bike was better, but I had GI distress and cramping the last 7 miles.  It was wretched not being able to run it out.  Just felt like crap due to trying to cram too much in my stomach too late.

If you’re not training or competing, we’ll find you doing what? 
Working or chasing my kids around.  That pretty much takes all my time.

Best piece of training advice you’ve received? 
Race your race.  Don't try and chase someone down after they pass you.  Have fun.  Don't bonk.

Do you have any blogs or websites we can follow you on? 
I dabble in many medias...
twitter - www.twitter.com/TriJayhawkRyan
blog - www.falkeetriathlon.blogspot.com
project - www.Man-Versus-Triathlon.com


How do you incorporate Push Recovery into your training? 
I mix it with water and some other supplements to get a little more electrolytes since I sweat like a pig.  I also am avoiding GU's and Gels in general so I need all my nutrition from my drinks.

How has your Push Recovery affected or improved your training? 
It's been nice to get a supplement in liquid form.  I used others in the past, and right now I use Push in combination.  But, with Push I can avoid solids since I have had severe GI issues in 2011 and just don't work well with solids.  I get the calories I need and the protein my body needs to go long.

No comments:

Post a Comment